Things You Need to Know when Marrying Someone from Outside Australia

Sometimes, the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with is somewhere across the world. So, if you have finally found that special someone, surely, you will want to bring her to your homeland. But for this to be legal, first, you have to apply for a fiancée visa for her to be able to immigrate to Australia. Then, you can sponsor her temporary residence in the country up to a maximum of nine months.

Now what are the requirements for an Australian prospective marriage visa?

    1. Both you and your fiancée must be at least 18 years old. Otherwise, an order under section 12 of the Marriage Act 1961 should be issued by an Australian magistrate, allowing the union.

    2. You, as the sponsor, must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

    3. The application should prove that there is a genuine relationship between you and the woman you intend to wed. This means that you will need to show evidence or proof that you have met face to face and that your friends and relatives are fully aware of your intention. Details of communication and that you have lived together must also be proven to the immigration officer.

      Once the provisional visa has been granted, you have up to nine months for the wedding to take place. Now, to help make the ceremony as special as possible, be sure to hire an experienced celebrant through this website!

      Sydney Marriage Celebrant


      Your support, guidance and never ending energy was amazing, thank you for being a part of our special wedding day.
      Love, Lou and Andrew

      As our Sydney marriage celebrant you made our day so special and we will remember it forever because of you. Thank you, thank you!
      Love Chris and Belinda

      Our wedding was fabulous because of you!
      Belinda and Rob